Florida law requires that all outside vendor training be approved in order for students to receive continuing education credits. This list contains those classes which have been approved by the department, along with the number of continuing education units. While every attempt is made to keep this list current, please feel free to contact (850) 921-1600 for additional information.
Facts about Continuing Education and Master Qualifiers
- Training is required for ALL employees whether or not they are qualifiers, and refresher training must be conducted at three (3) year intervals. Documentation must be retained on file. All 601 and 803 qualifier cards expire three (3) years after they are issued.
- All 601 and 803 licensees must have a Master Qualifier.
- Renewal notices will be mailed to all qualifiers prior to expiration.
- All 601 and 803 qualifiers must renew their qualifications every three (3) years and pay $20.00 plus submit 16 continuing education credits.
- All master qualifiers must renew their qualifications every three (3) years and pay $50.00 plus submit 16 continuing education credits.
- NOTE: These renewal notices are sent as a courtesy only. Failure to receive a renewal notice does not relieve the qualifier/Master qualifier of the obligation to timely renew.
The department requires all Master Qualifiers and 0601 and 0803 Qualifiers to complete 16 hours of continuing education every three (3) years and to provide proof of completion of all 16 hours before the end of the three-year period. The department will send a courtesy reminder to the individual's last-known place of employment; however, failure to receive a courtesy reminder will not relieve the individual of the requirement to complete and timely submit CE hours. The types of courses that are approved for continuing education credit are listed in Rule 5F-11.062, F.A.C.
Please note: failure to timely submit proof of completion of all required CE hours will result in cancellation of the Qualifier/Master Qualifier status. If this status is cancelled, the state examination must be retaken.
LP Gas Inspection Training
Sixteen (16) hours of continuing education units (every three years) are required for all Category I LP Gas Dealer (0601) and Installer A (0803) examinees. Additionally, NFPA 58, The LP Gas Code, requires training for all persons handling propane. The Bureau of LP Gas Inspection strongly encourages continuing education for all persons involved in the liquefied petroleum gas industry. If you have a request for training that is not mentioned in the training schedule, please feel free to call our office and we will work with you in the development of a class to suit your needs.
The annual Propane Gas Safety School is held each year in May for one week in Ocala, Florida. This class is sponsored by the Florida Propane Gas Association and the department. For more information, or to receive a brochure for this year's classes contact (850) 921-1600.