The Natural Gas Fuel Fleet Vehicle Rebate provides eligible applicants a rebate for the cost of conversion or the incremental cost incurred by an applicant in connection with the conversion, purchase, or lease for a minimum term of five years, of a natural gas fleet vehicle placed into service on or after July 1, 2013.
The maximum rebate under this program is $25,000 per purchased/leased or converted vehicle, not to exceed 50 percent of eligible costs. Each applicant may receive up to a total of $250,000 per fiscal year on a first-come, first-served basis.
The application deadline for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 applications is June 30, 2016.
Received Applications and Program Balance
Below is a current list of the applications received and their status. Inclusion on this list does not guarantee eligibility or approval of funding, only that the application has been received as of the date the list was published.
- FY 15-16 Natural Gas Fuel Fleet Vehicle Rebate Applicant Spreadsheet Updated 4/18/16 [ ]
- FY 14-15 Natural Gas Fuel Fleet Vehicle Rebate Applicant Spreadsheet [ ]
- FY 13-14 Natural Gas Fuel Fleet Vehicle Rebate Applicant Spreadsheet [ ]
|Fiscal Year||Funding for Governmental Applicants||Balance for Governmental Applicants||Funding for Commercial Applicants||Balance for Commercial Applicants|
|FY 15-16||$2.4 million||$741,598||$3.6 million||$808,130.65|
|FY 16-17||$2.4 million||$2.4 million||$3.6 million||$3.6 million|
|FY 17-18||$2.4 million||$2.4 million||$3.6 million||$3.6 million|
|Updated as of April 18, 2016|
|*The funding for this program is issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received after funding is exhausted will be returned to the applicant pursuant to Rule 5O-4.001(11), F.A.C.|
The following tips address the most common application deficiencies. These tips do not cover the complete requirements of the program. Refer to Section 377.810, F.S., and Rule 5O-4.001, F.A.C, to read the complete requirements of the program to ensure your application is successful.
- Make sure the VIN number listed on the application matches the VIN number in the supporting documentation.
- Make sure the VIN number is on the invoice.
- Make sure the invoice indicates the vehicle is a natural gas fuel powered motor vehicle.
- Make sure the same amount is on both the invoice and proof of payment. If the amounts are not the same, you must provide an explanation.
- Make sure the name of the seller on the invoice is the same name on the proof of payment.
- Make sure to submit an acceptable form of proof of payment. Acceptable forms of proof of payment include:
- A canceled check with proof of deposit;
- A copy of an electronic funds transfer from a financial institution including the purchase amount and to whom the payment is being made;
- A bank statement or a screenshot of an online bank statement reflecting the transaction (with unrelated information redacted) showing the purchase amount and to whom the payment is being made;
- A signed and executed lease contract;
- A credit card statement reflecting the transaction showing the cardholder’s name, address, the purchase amount, and to whom the payment is being made; or
- A signed and executed promissory note or signed and executed auto loan.
- Make sure to provide documentation of the equivalent diesel or gasoline vehicle cost. Examples of acceptable documentation include an invoice for the conversion or a price quote from the seller for diesel or gasoline equivalent vehicle.
- Remember applications submitted will be a public record and redact any bank account and credit card numbers (except the last 4 digits).