Wildfires in Florida occur at all times of the year. This informational page is designed to provide you with the most current information available regarding wildfires in Florida.
County Burn Bans
Note: Local Burn Bans are enacted by county governments. State Bans are enacted by state government and cover larger areas. This page will publish any statewide or regional ban if and when it becomes necessary.
Fire Danger Index (FDI)
Keetch Byram Drought Index (KBDI)
Escaped debris burning is one of the leading causes of wildfires in Florida...
Know the Law Before You Strike That Match
- South Florida Firewise Landscaping Guide [ ]
- Ready, Set, Go. [ ]
- What To Do If You Encounter Smoke on the Highway [ ]
- Evacuation Plan is More Than You May Think
- Firewise Landscaping: Creating Defensible Spaces
- Firewise Communities: Protecting Your Home from Wildfire
- Mobile Home Fire Safety [ ]
- Wildfire- Protect Your Home and Property [ ]
- Smoke and Air Quality (FL DEP)
National Fire Maps
- Map of Federal Lands & Indian Reservations in Florida [ ]
- GeoMac: an interactive mapping application supported by the National Interagency Fire Center.
- USDA Forest Service Active Fire Mapping: includes Large Fires and Fire Detections.
- NOAA Hazard Mapping System Fire and Smoke Product
- ESRI Wildfire Map: Interactive map to view continuously updated U.S. wildfire information.