Interested in applying for or renewing a concealed weapon license? The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services administers the concealed weapon license program.
Note to Military Members and Veterans
The department is now expediting all Florida concealed weapon or firearm license applications submitted by active military members and veterans.
Active military personnel who want to apply for a concealed weapon license should include a copy of their Common Access Card or other form of official military identification with their applications. The department will also accept a copy of service members' current orders as proof of active duty status.
Honorably discharged veterans should submit a copy of their DD 214 long form with their applications.
- Determine if you are eligible for a concealed weapon license by reading the eligibility requirements or answering a few simple questions.
- Applicants must demonstrate competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a license. Learn more about the acceptable forms of training.
- Read the Application Instructions [ ] to learn what is required when you complete and submit your application.
- Submit your application by mail or in person using the Fast Track Process at a Division of Licensing Regional Office or using the CW Intake System at an authorized tax collector office. Find out which option works best for you.
- Check the status of your application online.
Review Section 790.06, Florida Statutes, to learn more about the law pertaining to Florida's concealed weapon license program.
Find out more about how to renew your license by mail or at one of eight regional offices.