Fresh is best. Consumers around the world look for and value the “Fresh From Florida” label. Knowing when items are in season is the key to knowing what to look for when shopping.
Why eat seasonally? Products are fresher and tastier, and nutritional value is optimized. Plus, eating seasonally encourages a diverse diet, is often more economical, and harmonizes with nature’s production cycle.
If you would like to print out a list of Florida agricultural products that are being harvested this month, select the link at the top of the page. Add the products to your grocery shopping list and enjoy fresh Florida produce at its peak. These Florida items should currently be available in your grocery store; if you don’t see these items, ask your store manager.
The grid below shows when most major crops are typically harvested in Florida throughout the year. The blue shaded areas represent months of availability. Weather conditions can affect the harvest schedule.
Florida Crops Seasonal Availability / Typical Harvest Times
Florida Crops in Season by Month:
Learn More About Florida Tropical Fruits
- FDACS-P-01332 Florida Produce Seasonal Availability Chart [ ]
- FDACS-P-01333 Florida Herbs Brochure [ ]
- FDACS-P-01334 Florida Tropical Fruits Brochure [ ]
- FDACS-P-01546 The Florida Chef's Flavorful Seasons Cookbook, in English [ ]
- FDACS-P-01546 The Florida Chef's Flavorful Seasons Cookbook, in Spanish [ ]
- FDACS-P-01385 Florida Fruit and Vegetable Brochures, Set of 6 in English [ ]
- FDACS-P-01625 Florida Fruit and Vegetable Brochures, Set of 6 in Spanish [ ]
- FDACS-P-01775 Cooking Conversion Guide [ ]