Red Palm Mite Raoiella indica Hirst (Acari: Tenuipalpidae)
Red palm mite, Raoiella indica Hirst (Acari: Tenuipalpidae), is a pest of coconut, areca palm and date palms in Egypt, India, Iran, Israel, Mauritius, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Reunion, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Thailand, United Arab Emerits and is probably widespread in tropical and subtropical regions throughout the Eastern Hemisphere. The red palm mite was discovered in Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach County, Florida, on November 29, 2007.
Red Palm Mite Photos
Red Palm Mite Information
- FDACS Memo to RPM Host Plant Shippers - Texas Quarantine [ ]
- Red Palm Mite Pest Alert
- Red Palm Mite Informational Handout [ ]
- Red Palm Mite Pest Bulletin [ ]
Disposal of Plant Material
- Double bag and place in household garbage.
- Landscape and lawn maintenance companies should tarp plant material for transport.