Florida Agriculture Youth Coloring Competition
"Florida Agriculture: 500 Years in the Making"
Sponsored by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc. and the Florida State Fair.
In 2013, Florida will reach a significant milestone, the 500th anniversary of Juan Ponce de León's arrival on Florida's east coast. What makes this anniversary so unique is that Ponce de León's convoy of explorers were the first group of Europeans to document such a landing and give a name to Florida—La Florida. This year's coloring competition celebrates the history of Florida and the history of Florida agriculture. Agriculture is one of Florida's oldest industries and produces nearly 300 different commodities that feed, clothe and shelter the world.
- Florida students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade are eligible to participate.
- Each student is only allowed ONE ENTRY.
- Student must color their own entry without assistance from other parties.
- The picture may be decorated using crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
- Coloring page must have student's name, age, grade level, school name and home address, phone and an email clearly printed on the back of the coloring page.
- Coloring pages will be judged by a qualified panel and selected pages will be displayed at the 2013 Florida State Fair.
- All entries will become property of the Florida State Fair and will not be returned to the student.
- Students whose coloring pages are selected for display, will be notified that their project will be on display at the Florida State Fair – February 7-18, 2013 in Tampa.
- One winner from each of the following age categories will be selected: K-1st grades, 2nd-3rd grades and 4th-5th grades. The winner of each category will receive a VIP/Family Fun Pack (4 tickets and parking pass) to visit the 2013 Florida State Fair.
- Download and print the coloring page. [10 MB]
- Mail completed coloring sheet with student's name, age, grade level, school name and home address, phone and email to the following address by November 30, 2012:
Youth Coloring Competition
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Attn: Erica Der
Nora Mayo Hall, The Florida Citrus Building
500 3rd Street NW, Room 115
Winter Haven, Florida 33881
For questions, contact Floridaag500@freshfromflorida.com