Nasutitermes corniger, Conehead Termite
Conehead termites (sometimes referred to as tree termites) attack homes and buildings, as well as lumber and wood products and are capable of causing widespread damage. The Conehead termite, a native to the Caribbean, was first introduced to the U.S. in 2001 and eradicated in 2003. The recently confirmed presence indicates a reemergence of the Conehead termite.
Conehead Termite Updates
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to Fight Spread of Invasive Termite
- Conehead Termite Door Hanger
- General Termite Information (Broward County, FL)
- General Termite Information (FDACS AES)
- Agricultural Environmental Services Conehead termite information