Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Division of Food, Nutrition and Wellness In-Person Training Courses
- Division of Food, Nutrition and Wellness Online Training Courses
- The Institute of Child Nutrition Training Resources
- Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
- School Nutrition Association Education and Professional Development
- USDA's Professional Standards Website
Professional Standards for school nutrition professionals is a key provision of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. The Division of Food, Nutrition and Wellness has a variety of free training opportunities to help sponsors of the National School Lunch Program meet these standards.
Effective July 1, 2015, this rule establishes consistent, national standards for school nutrition personnel by:
- Requiring all personnel in these programs to complete annual continuing education/training on topics that promote program integrity or address critical program issues;
- Establishing minimum professional standards for personnel who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs; and
- Instituting hiring standards for the selection of state and local program directors.
View a summary of the training and hiring standards [ ].