Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Laws and Regulations
Code of Federal Regulations
Title 7, Part: 251
What Is The Emergency Food Assistance Program?
- Provides nutritious, high-quality foods to low-income households as part of the United States Department of Agriculture food distribution programs;
- Distributes food to participating food banks, food pantries, soup kitchens and other feeding sites; and
- Supplies food to be served to individual households or as prepared meals in a community setting for eligible recipients.
What Role Does the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Play?
- Facilitates the distribution of USDA foods and funds to participating organizations;
- Ensures USDA foods are reaching Florida’s low-income families; and
- Provides guidance, training, outreach and technical support to participating organizations.
How Can You Help?
- Become a partner agency to aid in the distribution of USDA foods to Florida’s families;
- Support your local food bank, food pantry or soup kitchen by volunteering or through financial donations; and
- Help promote the program locally through newsletters, mailings and digital communications.
The interactive map below provides all locations where TEFAP USDA donated foods are offered within Florida.