Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Florida blueberries are the first blueberries to ripen in North America. Currently, the market period from April 1 to May 10 is available almost exclusively to Florida growers.
Strict regulations cover the movement of blueberries from Florida to Canada and California due to the presence of the Blueberry Maggot (Rhagoletis mendax). The Division of Plant Industry helps facilitate the movement of blueberries to Canada and California by providing guidance and inspection services to the blueberry industry. Below are some helpful links to information regarding these regulations.
Canadian Blueberry Program
- Canadian Directive D-02-04 r7 [ ]
- Canadian Blueberry Certification PowerPoint [ ]
- Application to Participate in Blueberry Certification Program [ ]
- Blueberry Certification Program Auditing Inspection Checklist [ ]
- Blueberry Certification Program Bi-Weekly Trapping Summary [ ]
- Request for Authorization to Print Certificates (Tags) of Inspection [ ]
- USDA Blueberry Compliance Agreement [ ]