Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
The application window for the Florida Renewable Energy Tax Incentives is closed and the Office of Energy is no longer accepting applications.
The Florida Renewable Energy Tax Incentives consisted of three tax incentive programs which represented a total of $89 million in potential tax credits or sales tax refunds over the life of the program. The three Florida Renewable Energy Tax Incentives include:
- The Florida Renewable Energy Technologies Sales Tax Refund, which provided $1 million per fiscal year for a refund of previously paid Florida sales tax for eligible expenditures;
- The Florida Renewable Energy Technologies Investment Tax Credit, which provided $10 million per fiscal year for an annual corporate tax credit equal to 75 percent of all eligible costs made in connection with the production, storage and distribution of biodiesel, ethanol and other renewable fuel; and
- The Florida Renewable Energy Production Credit, which provided $5 million for the first fiscal year of the program and $10 million for subsequent years for an annual corporate tax credit equal to $0.01/kWh of renewable electricity produced.
Below is a current list of the applications received for each program and their status. Inclusion on a list does not guarantee eligibility or approval of a tax incentive, only that the application has been received as of the date the list was published.
- Florida Renewable Energy Technologies Sales Tax Refund Received Applications 10/11/16 [ ]
- Renewable Energy Technologies Investment Tax Credit Received Applications 1011/16 [ ]
- Florida Renewable Energy Production Credit Received Applications 10/11/16 [ ]
Program Utilization and Economic Contribution
Full reports on the utilization and economic contribution of the Florida Renewable Energy Tax Incentives are available on the FDACS website: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Energy/Reports-Publications.