Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Need assistance? Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions. We hope you find it helpful.

I have submitted my application for a concealed weapon license. How long will it take to process my application?

By law, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) must either issue a license or deny an application within 90 days of receiving a complete application. However, the actual turnaround time will ultimately depend on the workload facing department employees in Tallahassee and may be substantially less than 90 days.

How do I check the status of my concealed weapon license application?

You can do an online status check by entering your tracking number and your date of birth.

I have moved. How do I change the address on my concealed weapon license?

Section 790.06 (8), Florida Statutes, requires you to notify FDACS within 30 days after a change of address. You may change your address using our online form or submit your notification to us in writing at the following address:

Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

The law, however, does not require you to obtain a revised license after a change of address, so you may continue to carry your current license until it expires. In fact, FDACS no longer prints a licensee’s residence address on the Florida concealed weapon license.

I am going on vacation to Florida. Can I bring my licensed concealed weapon from another state?

Florida currently honors concealed weapon licenses from 35 other states. You will find a list of the states on our reciprocity webpage.  

In order to legally carry a concealed weapon while on vacation in Florida, you must have a concealed weapon license issued by one of the states on the reciprocity list. Be advised that you must be a resident of the state that issued you the license. You must also be 21 years of age or older unless you are a member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces. 

If you do come to Florida carrying a firearm, please be aware that you must abide by the firearms ownership and possession laws of the state of Florida while you are here. You should, for example, familiarize yourself with those places specified in Florida law where firearms are prohibited. You will find this list of designated “No Carry” places in Section 790.06(12), Florida Statutes.

How do I sign up for the Florida Do Not Call list?

Florida residents can subscribe to the Florida Do Not Call list by visiting www.fldnc.com or calling 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352).

Residential, mobile and paging device telephone numbers are eligible to be on the list. If you subscribe, your phone number will be placed on the list for a period of five years.

How do I sign up for the Commissioner’s Email Update?

Signing up is quick and easy with our online subscription form. Type in your name and email address and submit.

How can I learn more about the giant African land snail?

Find photos, videos and other information about the giant African land snail.

If you think you’ve seen a giant African land snail, please call 1-888-397-1517.

How do I obtain a pesticide applicator license?

Learn more about the licensing and certification of agricultural pesticide applicators, pest control applicators, pest control businesses, and mosquito control applicators. If you have questions about agricultural pesticide licensing, please call (850) 617-7870. For information about structural pest control licensing and mosquito control licensing, call (850) 617-7997.

How do I obtain a telemarketing license?

The Florida Telemarketing Act requires non-exempt businesses engaged in telemarketing and their salespeople to be licensed by the department before operating in Florida. Certain exempt entities must have a valid Affidavit of Exemption on file prior to operating in Florida.

The application fee for the business is $1,500 annually. The application fee for the salesperson is $50 annually. Telemarketing businesses must also file a security, which can be in the form of a surety bond, a certificate of deposit or a letter of credit. The minimum amount of this security is $50,000.

To obtain an application, call 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or 1-800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832) en Español.

Applications are also available by download:

Our online registration system will allow you to process registrations, new applications, renewals, material change forms and statements of verification.

I am opening a food establishment. How do I set up a food safety inspection?

To open a food establishment in Florida, you must obtain a food establishment permit from FDACS. Learn more