Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Desserts
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped, reserving any juices
- 3 cups natural sugar
- 2 oranges, quartered, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 lemon, quartered, seeded and chopped fine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large stockpot, add all ingredients.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat and let cook until the ingredients come to a slight boil.
- Stir ingredients frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low until thickened, about 1 hour.
- When desired thickness is reached, remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.
- Once the marmalade is cooled, place marmalade in smaller containers and store in the refrigerator.