Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Oven Roasted Clams with Herb Butter
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Clams
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, rinsed well
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place clams in a baking pan with sides on middle rack of oven.
- Roast for approximately 10 minutes checking every few minutes for clams that have popped open.
- Carefully remove open clams to a serving dish, reserving juices in shell. Keep warm.
- While clams roast, melt butter in medium pan.
- Add olive oil, wine, garlic, parsley and oregano and bring to simmer.
- Spoon herb butter over cooked clams and serve.