Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Starters, Clams
- 2 dozen littleneck clams in-the-shell
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- Wash clams thoroughly under cold running water and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except clams in a large sauce pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes; add clams and cover.
- Simmer until clams open; remove clams to a large bowl.
- Simmer remaining liquid until it is reduced to 3/4 cup.
- Pour liquid over clams and serve.