Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 2, 2013 in Starters, Entrees, Clams
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, rinsed well
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place all ingredients except clams in a large sauce pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes; add clams and cover.
- Simmer until clams open, stirring frequently.
- Transfer clams to a large bowl.
- Boil remaining liquid until reduced to 1 cup.
- Pour broth over clams and serve.