Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Sides, Entrees, Crab
- 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound blue crab lump meat
- canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; add the milk and egg, mixing until smooth.
- Fold in the crab.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil.
- Fry 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown, turning once if needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.