Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Crab
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 pound blue crab meat
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- French bread, split and sliced diagonally
- olive oil
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, onion and celery in a medium bowl.
- Gently add crab and almonds and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush cut sides of French bread with olive oil and top one slice with crab mixture.
- Top with additional French bread slice.
- Heat a stove top grill or panini press over high heat.
- Grill each sandwich for 2 minutes per side, pressing down with a metal spatula to flatten.
- Cook until browned and warm through.
- Cut into halves or quarters to serve.