Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Starters, Entrees, Crab
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, drained, shell pieces removed
- 1 ½ cups jack cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- On a large cookie sheet, evenly distribute the tortilla chips.
- Evenly distribute the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro, over the tortilla chips.
- Place the topped tortillas in the oven on a middle rack.
- Cook nachos under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Make sure to keep a good eye on the nachos because they will burn under the broiler if not careful.
- Slide the cooked nachos off the cookie sheet and onto a similar sized platter.
- Garnish nachos with the fresh cilantro.
- Serve nachos immediately.