Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Fried Soft-shell Blue Crab
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Crab
- 12 medium soft-shell blue crabs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup canola oil for frying
- Rinse crabs under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl or pie plate, combine eggs, milk and salt.
- In a separate pie plate, combine flour, bread crumbs and seafood seasoning.
- Dip crabs in egg mixture; then roll in flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook crabs in a single layer for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.