Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Mango Marinated Stone Crab Claws
Posted April 15, 2013 in Entrees, Sides, Crab
- 3 pounds medium stone crab claws
- 2 cups ripe mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- salad greens
- Crack claws and remove shell and movable pincer, leaving the meat attached to the remaining pincer.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- To make salsa marinade, combine mango, cilantro, peppers, lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice and/or brown sugar as needed.
- Spoon the salsa mixture over the meaty part of crab claws.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Serve claws on a bed of salad greens with mango salsa as an appetizer.