Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Pompano with Blue Crab in Citrus Cream
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Pompano, Crab
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 8 ounces fresh blue crabmeat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shrimp boil or seafood seasoning
- 4 (6-8 ounce) pompano fillets, skinless
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine wine, shallots and lemon juice in small saucepan.
- Boil over medium-high heat until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Add cream; simmer 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add butter cubes a few at a time and whisk until melted.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Add crab meat to sauce and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season fillets and add to pan; cook 4 minutes per side until opaque in center.
- Place fillet in center of serving plate and top with crabmeat.
- Spoon additional sauce over all; sprinkle with parsley and serve.