Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 15, 2013 in Entrees, Sides, Crab
- 2 ½ pounds stone crab claws
- 1/4 cup extra-dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- parsley sprigs
- Crack stone crab claws; remove outer shell, leaving meat attached to one side of the claw.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat (320 degrees F); add oil, salt, pepper and stone crab claws.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crab claws are heated through.
- Turn heat to high (420 degrees F).
- Add vermouth and lemon juice.
- Cook one additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve claws hot or cold as an appetizer or entrée.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.