Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Wine-Baked Oysters and Crab
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Sides, Oyster, Crab
- 36 oysters in the shell
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine or sherry
- 10 ounces low-fat Swiss cheese, grated
- Wash oysters thoroughly.
- Shuck and place oysters on deep half of shell removing any remaining particles of shell.
- Arrange oysters on baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine crab meat with remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Top each oyster with 1 teaspoon of mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until edges begin to curl.