Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Florida Grouper Coconut Florentine
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced and divided
- 1 ½ cups canned light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 splash hot pepper sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) bag spinach, washed
- In large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté fillets in 1 tablespoon olive oil 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Remove fillets and set aside.
- Add garlic, ginger and 1/4 cup onion to pan; cook until tender.
- Add coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, soy sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil and add fillets; simmer 1 minute until fillets are opaque in center.
- In a separate large sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté remaining 1/4 cup onion, tomatoes, bell peppers and spinach until greens are just wilted.
- Serve fillets on a bed of spinach mixture.