Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted February 27, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- cornmeal for dredging the fish
- vegetable oil for deep-frying the fish
- leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 soft sandwich rolls, split
- Beat together eggs, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish.
- Place flour mixture and cornmeal in separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge each fillet in flour mixture and dip in egg wash.
- Dredge fillets in cornmeal last.
- In a deep fry pan, heat 1 inch of the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Fry the fillets in batches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer fillets to paper towels to drain.
- To serve, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, and fillets on the sandwich rolls.