Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon green onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice powder
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup corn starch or rice flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For sauce, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, green onion, hoisin sauce, ginger, and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well adding additional hoisin sauce to thicken mixture if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, heat sauce in a small saucepan and keep warm.
- Sprinkle fillets with seasonings and dredge in corn starch or rice flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- When butter foams, add fillets; cook 4 minutes per side or until opaque in center.
- Transfer fillets to serving plate and serve with sauce on the side.