Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 3, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean and rinse the fillets.
- In a shallow dish, dip fillets in Italian dressing, then into bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté fillets 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove fillets from pan to an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the fillets are cooked through.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add the unsalted butter, scallions, garlic, and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add white wine and simmer until heated through.
- Remove the fillets from oven.
- Spoon the mushroom wine sauce onto the center of serving plates and top with fillets.