Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 4, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thick sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup clam juice or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, chopped
- In a heavy sauté pan, sauté fillets in oil over high heat 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Remove fillets and set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add tomato paste, wine, clam juice or stock, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes; stir frequently.
- Add fillets to pan; simmer until heated through.
- Serve topped with feta cheese, walnuts and cilantro.