Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Grouper with Black Bean Coulis
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole cooked black beans, for garnish
- Place fillets in shallow dish; sprinkle with cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Combine black beans, garlic, Serrano pepper, onion, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan and cook on low heat until warmed through.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a heavy nonstick sauté pan, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Sauté fillets 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and center is opaque.
- Transfer fillets to plates and top with black bean coulis.
- Garnish with whole black beans and serve.