Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Grouper with Roasted Corn and Peppers
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 cup french-fried onion rings, crushed
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the red and green bell peppers, corn, onion and 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt, pepper and thyme in a large ovenproof pan.
- Roast mixture in the oven until the corn and peppers start to brown, about 12 minutes, stirring twice.
- Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over both sides of the fillets and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and thyme.
- Top with crushed onion rings.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven; spread corn-and-pepper mixture to the sides of the pan.
- Place fillets in the center of the pan and cook 10 minutes until opaque in the center.
- Serve fillets on a bed of the roasted vegetables.