Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Pan-Grilled Grouper with Green Olive Cream Sauce
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- Season fillets with salt and pepper and dredge in rice flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- When butter foams, add fillets; cook 4 minutes per side or until opaque in center.
- Transfer fillets to a platter and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, add the wine and shallot to saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until reduced by 1/2.
- Add the cream and cook sauce until just thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; add cubed butter a little at a time whisking until blended into a smooth sauce.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley, olives, capers, and bacon.
- Spoon the sauce over the fillets and serve.