Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Pan Roasted Florida Grouper Stack
Posted April 4, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 1 ½ pounds grouper, cut into 4 (6-ounce) fillets
- canola or olive oil for cooking
- cornstarch for dusting
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, quartered for garnish
- Preheat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- Lightly season each grouper fillet with salt and pepper and dust each fillet with cornstarch.
- Carefully add the seasoned grouper fillets to the hot pan.
- Cook each fillet for around 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and completely cooked throughout the thickest part of the fillet.
- Remove cooked grouper fillets from pan and let cool slightly.
- Serve grouper fillets with fresh lemon.