Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Rock Shrimp Stuffed Florida Grouper
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Shrimp, Grouper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound rock shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are wilted.
- Add the shrimp and season mixture with seafood seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Stir in bread crumbs and enough water to bind the mixture.
- Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut a v-shape pocket in the center of each fillet and fill with rock shrimp bread crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle the fillets with seafood seasoning and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake 20 to 25 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.