Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 4, 2013 in Entrees, Grouper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Beat eggs, salt and cayenne together in a shallow dish.
- Place flour mixture and cornmeal in separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge each fillet in flour mixture and dip in egg wash.
- Dredge again in cornmeal.
- In a deep fry pan, heat 1 inch of the oil to 375 degrees F on a deep-fat thermometer.
- Fry the fillets in batches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to paper towels to drain; serve immediately.