Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 4, 2013 in Entrees, Mullet
- 1/2 pound smoked, grilled, or broiled mullet meat
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Break fish into bite-sized portions; set aside.
- Mash peas lightly, just until all are broken.
- Combine peas, onion, pepper, garlic, pepper sauce, salt and vinegar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add mullet and cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately as a side dish.