Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Cheddar Crusted Florida Mullet
Posted April 4, 2013 in Entrees, Mullet
- 4 (6-ounce) Mullet fillets
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dry fillets with absorbent paper.
- Place Italian dressing and crushed crackers in separate shallow dishes.
- Dip fillets in dressing to coat and then dredge in cheese cracker crumbs.
- Place fillets on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over breaded fillets then sprinkle with cayenne and paprika.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes until browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.