Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 15, 2013 in Entrees, Mullet
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 pounds mullet fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Lemon slices
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- Cut fillets into 4-to-5-inch strips.
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, cornmeal and cayenne; mix well.
- Coat fish with mixture.
- Deep fry fish in hot oil for 4-5 minutes until fish is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with lemon slices.