Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Beer-Battered Rock Shrimp with Honey Mustard
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Shrimp
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces beer, room temperature
- 1 ½ pounds rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- canola oil for frying
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine honey, mustard and pepper sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Stir together flour, cayenne, salt, baking powder and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add beer and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside to rest uncovered for an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Dust shrimp with flour then dip shrimp in batter thoroughly coating shrimp.
- Fry 2 to 3 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and honey mustard sauce.