Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Florida Gulf Shrimp with Corn Sauté and Cilantro Oil
Posted April 17, 2013 in Entrees, Shrimp
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels removed
- 2 red bell peppers, diced small
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, add cilantro, half of the minced garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Puree ingredients until smooth.
- Add juice from half of a lime and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Puree ingredients one more time.
- Remove cilantro oil from blender or food processor.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preheated sauté pan.
- Preseason the raw shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
- Carefully add the shrimp to the sauté pan.
- Cook the shrimp for about 4 minutes or until they are just done.
- Remove shrimp from pan and arrange an even amount of them on each plate.
- Add the corn and diced peppers to the sauté pan used for the shrimp.
- Cook corn mixture for 3 minutes and add the rest of the garlic.
- When the corn is crisp-tender, add the lime juice, hot sauce to taste, and the butter.
- Stir the corn mixture to combine.
- Add an even amount of the corn mixture to each plate.
- Garnish the dish with the cilantro oil.