Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Grilled Florida Shrimp with Mango and Orange Barbecue Sauce
Posted April 17, 2013 in Entrees, Starters, Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or scallions, sliced small
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- oil for cooking
- lemon and fresh parsley for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, ketchup, lime juice and soy sauce; heat until bubbly and thick.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the preheated sauté pan.
- Add diced bell peppers to the sauté pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and mango to the sauté pan and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add the orange barbecue sauce to the sauté pan with the shrimp.
- Continue to cook until the shrimp are almost done.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the scallion or chives and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lemon and fresh parsley.