Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Grilled Shrimp and Dill Canapes
Posted April 17, 2013 in Entrees, Starters, Shrimp
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound royal red shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons deli-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 24 slices party bread, toasted
- Combine oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well.
- Baste shrimp with oil mixture.
- Place shrimp in well-greased, hinged wire grills, about 6 to 8 inches over medium coals.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes; baste with oil mixture.
- Turn and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Remove shrimp from grill and chop fine.
- Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, dill, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno pepper and shrimp; mix well.
- To assemble canapes, spread equal amount of the shrimp spread on top of each bread slice.