Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Marinated Rock Shrimp Rice Salad
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Shrimp
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 pound rock shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 4 medium tomatoes
- romaine lettuce, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes and lettuce.
- Toss to coat well with dressing; cover and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Core the tomatoes and cut into wedges from the top to within 1/2 inch from base of tomato to make a cup.
- Spoon shrimp rice salad into tomato centered on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Serve with additional vinaigrette dressing.