Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Rock Shrimp and Blue Crab Bisque
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup lump blue crab meat
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes until soft.
- Stir in soup, half-and-half, sherry, mustard, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add shrimp and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in crab meat; heat until warmed through and serve.