Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Shrimp in Deviled-Egg Boats
Posted April 16, 2013 in Sides, Starters, Shrimp
- 16 large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 8 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and cooled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream
- 4 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons green onions, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with seafood seasoning; cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- In a mixing bowl, mash yolks with a fork and add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves, mounding slightly.
- Top each egg half with a seasoned shrimp and wedge into yolk filling.
- Arrange on a platter, garnish with parsley and chill until ready to serve.