Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Chili-Cumin Snapper Fingers
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 2 pounds snapper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, halved
- Pat snapper fingers dry with paper towel.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, cumin and chili seasoning on a shallow plate.
- Coat fish fingers with flour mixture; dip in egg mixture, then into flour mixture.
- Set aside to dry for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- When butter foams, add the fingers; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with lime halves.