Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Pan-Grilled Red Snapper with Avocado-Strawberry Salsa
Posted February 28, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir jalapeño, avocado, strawberries, onion, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Cover and set aside.
- Salsa may be made several hours ahead and chilled.
- When making ahead, add the sugar, salt and avocado when ready to serve.
- Preheat stovetop grill pan over high heat.
- Pat fillets dry, then brush both sides with the oil; sprinkle with the lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Lay fillets on grill pan skin side down and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until cooked through.
- Transfer fillets skin side up to individual serving plates.
- Carefully remove skin; top with avocado-strawberry salsa.