Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle fillets with seasonings then dredge in flour.
- Melt butter in shallow skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove fillets from skillet and keep warm.
- Add almonds to butter in the skillet; cook until almonds are browned.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Spoon sauce over cooked fillets and garnish with fresh parsley.