Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 15, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 2/3 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until soft.
- Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and yellow pepper; cook until softened.
- Stir in wine, olives, capers, and red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer.
- Place fillets into sauce; cover pan and gently simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add butter to sauce and simmer until thickened.
- Stir cilantro into sauce and serve over fillets.